Silver fine jewelry can be as soft as fur or as hard as diamonds, and if you think about it, texture lends a lot to the overall effect of your accessories. The finish on the surface of your silver rings, bracelets and necklace pendants can make a plain piece interesting – just by using texture. Here are some common jewelry textures you’ll find at Ispirada:
1. Hammered. Hammered silver fine jewelry often looks like it was handmade by craftspeople. This texture has become incredibly popular in the past few years as the handmade look itself has grown in popularity. Silver rings and bracelets with a hammered texture look like they have tons of facets. They reflect light everywhere.
2. Organic. Pieces featuring an organic texture look like they could have been found in the forest or at the beach. Organic textures come in a variety of forms, but in general they look very natural and earthy. Silver rings with organic textures are trendy these days.
3. Oxidized. Oxidization happens when the surface of a piece of jewelry is treated to leave darker areas behind. This contrast makes for dramatic jewelry, from pendants to bracelets.
4. Beaded. Ispirada offers many beaded necklaces featuring a variety of natural materials, from wood and stones to glass. Beaded pieces tend to look softer than chains, pendants and other silver fine jewelry.
5. Pebbled. One huge trend sweeping the world of jewelry right now is pebbling. Although it sounds like somebody has strung up a bunch of rocks, this texture is really about the silver. A sterling silver piece is cast to look as if its surface is strewn with small stones. Pebbled pieces can be oxidized for a high contrast look, or they can be left smooth for high shine.
6. Polished. Polished jewelry is the easiest to find because it’s always in style. Polished pieces are known for their high shine and glossy finish. Rather than treating the surface or casting it to look like something else, polished jewelry is flat, shiny and gorgeous.
Learning about jewelry textures is crucial if you want to choose great pieces that complement your look. Whether you’re going for beaded and organic jewelry to show off a bohemian dress or polished bracelets to go with your date-night dress, there’s a texture for every style. Next time you’re looking for jewelry, try experimenting with different textures.